Parrikar praises fellow IITian Arvind Kejriwal
Panaji: IIT alumnus Arvind Kejriwal has shown the right intent. Now people have to wait and see if he can deliver on his promises, Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar, also an IIT graduate, said on Wednesday.
"He has shown the right intent. Let us see if he can deliver," Parrikar told reporters at the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) state headquarters.
Parrikar studied metallurgy at the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Powai.
He was the only chief minister with an educational stint at the prestigious chain of institutes, until Aam Aadmi Party leader Kejriwal, who passed out of the equally elite IIT Kharagpur, was sworn in as chief minister of Delhi last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations