Parrikar praises fellow IITian Arvind Kejriwal
Panaji: IIT alumnus Arvind Kejriwal has shown the right intent. Now people have to wait and see if he can deliver on his promises, Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar, also an IIT graduate, said on Wednesday.
"He has shown the right intent. Let us see if he can deliver," Parrikar told reporters at the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) state headquarters.
Parrikar studied metallurgy at the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Powai.
He was the only chief minister with an educational stint at the prestigious chain of institutes, until Aam Aadmi Party leader Kejriwal, who passed out of the equally elite IIT Kharagpur, was sworn in as chief minister of Delhi last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Lindsay told me she's pregnant: Father
- Barack Obama slams Donald Trump for 'selling fear'; endorses Hillary Clinton for US presidency
- India vs West Indies, 2nd Test: Virat Kohli and co get into Jamaican groove with heavy work-out
- Air India passengers to have hassle-free travel; 2 check-in counters opened at Delhi Metro station
- Abu Jundal convicted in 2006 Aurangabad arms haul case; court accepts there was a conspiracy to eliminate Modi, Togadia