Parrikar praises fellow IITian Arvind Kejriwal
Panaji: IIT alumnus Arvind Kejriwal has shown the right intent. Now people have to wait and see if he can deliver on his promises, Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar, also an IIT graduate, said on Wednesday.
"He has shown the right intent. Let us see if he can deliver," Parrikar told reporters at the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) state headquarters.
Parrikar studied metallurgy at the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Powai.
He was the only chief minister with an educational stint at the prestigious chain of institutes, until Aam Aadmi Party leader Kejriwal, who passed out of the equally elite IIT Kharagpur, was sworn in as chief minister of Delhi last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees