Parties afraid of issues raised by Rahul: Congress
New Delhi: Claiming that Rahul Gandhi`s
padayatra had drawn the entire country`s attention to the
problem of forcible land acquisition, Congress on Saturday said UP
Chief Minister Mayawati and all political parties are afraid
of issues raised by the young party leader.
"The padyatra (march) has drawn the attention of the
entire nation about forcible land acquisition by several state
governments," Congress spokesperson Shakeel Ahmed said here.
He said Rahul Gandhi`s charge that Mayawati government
was acting as a "broker" by buying land at cheap rates and
giving it to land mafias and builders at throw away prices is
true and that is why all political parties including the BJP,
SP and the BSP are afraid of him.
On Thursday, during his march to Aligarh, the Congress
General Secretary had said that `dalals` (brokers) were
running Uttar Pradesh as people of the state were divided.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Infosys names Anantha Radhakrishnan as new BPO head
- Lok Sabha Speaker should reconsider travelling in Jaguar: Congress
- Watch: After 67 years of concrete prison 'world's loneliest elephant' dies in Tokyo
- SunRisers Hyderabad enter maiden IPL final with four-wicket win over Gujarat Lions
- Over 80 percent of world's city dwellers breathe polluted air: WHO