Parties afraid of issues raised by Rahul: Congress
New Delhi: Claiming that Rahul Gandhi`s
padayatra had drawn the entire country`s attention to the
problem of forcible land acquisition, Congress on Saturday said UP
Chief Minister Mayawati and all political parties are afraid
of issues raised by the young party leader.
"The padyatra (march) has drawn the attention of the
entire nation about forcible land acquisition by several state
governments," Congress spokesperson Shakeel Ahmed said here.
He said Rahul Gandhi`s charge that Mayawati government
was acting as a "broker" by buying land at cheap rates and
giving it to land mafias and builders at throw away prices is
true and that is why all political parties including the BJP,
SP and the BSP are afraid of him.
On Thursday, during his march to Aligarh, the Congress
General Secretary had said that `dalals` (brokers) were
running Uttar Pradesh as people of the state were divided.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur