Parties with vested interests hindering nation`s growth: Moily
Jaipur: Union Minister M Veerappa Moily on Saturday said there was no irregularity on part of the Centre in coal block allocation, and alleged that some political parties with "vested interest" were creating an atmosphere detrimental to the country`s growth.
Some people (political leaders) with vested interest do not want the country to progress hence they were creating an atmosphere not favour in the growth of the nation, said the Union Power Minister.
"Some parties are trying to take windfall advantage on the cost of the progress of the nation," Moily said at a seminar this evening on the issue of `Power crisis in the country` organised here by a regional news channel.
He said that under the leadership of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, the country has made remarkable progress and several steps were taken for reforms, but, it is unfortunate that the opposition members are trying to malign the image of the nation and the leadership.
"The allocation of coal blocks was made on a transparent manner and there was no irregularity on part of the government," he said.
The minister said that the present scenario (on coal block allocation issue) was not in the interest of the country`s growth.
"The growth in power sector is linked with the economic development and for a sustainable economic development; proper growth in the sector is required," he said.
Moily feared that the country`s development would be affected if the present situation (with regard to coal block allocation issue) is not improved.
The minister appreciated the Gehlot government in the state for working well in energy sector.
He highlighted the potential of the desert state for energy generation.
Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot said the state with complex geographical conditions has 10 per cent of total land of the country but has only one per cent of water.
He also said that the state was focusing on generating energy from non conventional and renewable energy resources like solar and wind energy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical