Parts of North get rains, rest toil under humid condition
New Delhi: Parts of North India received showers on Wednesday and major rivers were in spate in Uttar Pradesh, where five persons lost their lives due to rain-related incidents taking the death toll in the state to 161.
The national capital witnessed scattered rains today leading to a warm and humid day with temperature settling at 37.1 degree Celsius, three degree above normal.
Minimum temperature was recorded at 26.3 deg C, Meteorological department said.
The rain gauges recorded 19.2 mm rainfall in the city since morning.
While in UP, major rivers continued to flow in spate, as the state received scanty rains in some areas today. Five more persons were killed in rain-related incidents.
While two people died in Bahraich district, two others lost their lives in Fatehpur and one in Barabaki.
With this, a total of 161 lives have been lost this monsoon, Relief Commissioner Office said in Lucknow.
The Ganga river continued to flow close to the danger mark at Fatehgarh, Kannauj, Ankinghat in Kanpur Dehat, Kanpur and Ballia, according to Central Water Commission sources.
The Yamuna river was flowing close to the red mark at Mavi and Prayag Ghat in Mathura, while the Ram Ganga river was flowing close to the danger mark at Dabri in Shahjahanpur district and was on a rising trend.
The Sharda river continued to flow above the danger mark at Palia Kalan.
Muzaffarnagar received 2 cm rain while Ballia, Saharanpur, Nawabganj in Rampur got 1 cm each, according to the Met.
Rains gave a slip to Punjab and Haryana leading to hot and humid conditions.
Chandigarh recorded maximum at 34.5 deg C, up by a degree above normal. Ludhiana had a high of 34.5 deg C with rainfall of 4 mm while Patiala and Amritsar recorded mercury at 34 deg C and 33.8 deg C respectively.
However, several parts of Himachal Pradesh were lashed by heavy rains today.
Jogindernagar, Baijnath and Palampur received 130 mm, 124 mm and 90 mm rains while state capital Shimla got 70 mm rains till this evening.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference