Parts of North get rains, rest toil under humid condition
New Delhi: Parts of North India received showers on Wednesday and major rivers were in spate in Uttar Pradesh, where five persons lost their lives due to rain-related incidents taking the death toll in the state to 161.
The national capital witnessed scattered rains today leading to a warm and humid day with temperature settling at 37.1 degree Celsius, three degree above normal.
Minimum temperature was recorded at 26.3 deg C, Meteorological department said.
The rain gauges recorded 19.2 mm rainfall in the city since morning.
While in UP, major rivers continued to flow in spate, as the state received scanty rains in some areas today. Five more persons were killed in rain-related incidents.
While two people died in Bahraich district, two others lost their lives in Fatehpur and one in Barabaki.
With this, a total of 161 lives have been lost this monsoon, Relief Commissioner Office said in Lucknow.
The Ganga river continued to flow close to the danger mark at Fatehgarh, Kannauj, Ankinghat in Kanpur Dehat, Kanpur and Ballia, according to Central Water Commission sources.
The Yamuna river was flowing close to the red mark at Mavi and Prayag Ghat in Mathura, while the Ram Ganga river was flowing close to the danger mark at Dabri in Shahjahanpur district and was on a rising trend.
The Sharda river continued to flow above the danger mark at Palia Kalan.
Muzaffarnagar received 2 cm rain while Ballia, Saharanpur, Nawabganj in Rampur got 1 cm each, according to the Met.
Rains gave a slip to Punjab and Haryana leading to hot and humid conditions.
Chandigarh recorded maximum at 34.5 deg C, up by a degree above normal. Ludhiana had a high of 34.5 deg C with rainfall of 4 mm while Patiala and Amritsar recorded mercury at 34 deg C and 33.8 deg C respectively.
However, several parts of Himachal Pradesh were lashed by heavy rains today.
Jogindernagar, Baijnath and Palampur received 130 mm, 124 mm and 90 mm rains while state capital Shimla got 70 mm rains till this evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP