Parts of North India get rainfall
New Delhi: Parts of North India on Thursday received rainfall even as large-scale relief work was undertaken in Rajasthan where 14 persons were killed due to heavy showers yesterday.
The capital Delhi received 0.6mm of rainfall. The maximum temperature recorded in the city was 32.6 degrees celsius and the minimum was 25.3 degrees celsius and humidity was between 77-100 percent.
Monsoon remained active in Uttar Pradesh with eastern and western parts of the state receiving rainfall.
The places which received rain included Chandradeepghat, Balrampur, Bhinga, Mirzapur, Dumariyaganj, Salon, Khalilabad, Basti, Elginbridge, Bilgram, Etawah, Fatehpur, Gazipur, Bansgaon, Ankinghat, Dhauraha and Jalesar.
Met office sources said heavy rain and thundershowers would occur at a few places over the state during next 48 hours.
A Central Water Commission report said that while Ganga was rising at Fatehgarh, Sharda and Ghaghra were still flowing above the red mark at Palia Kalan and Elgin Bridge, Ayodhya.
In Rajasthan, authorities undertook large-scale relief work to return normalcy in parts of Rajasthan where record-breaking rainfall had claimed 14 lives yesterday.
Normal life had been badly-hit in Jaipur`s low-lying areas where people have been taking shelter in community halls, schools and other buildings.
Twenty-one JCB machines and 30 water pumps have been installed in such areas to remove debris of damaged structures or displaced objects and pump out accumulated rain water.
In low-lying colonies like Jawahar Nagar and Bhatta Basti, torrential rainfall which began on Tuesday night left thousands of people displaced and vehicles damaged.
Ten people had died in Jaipur itself, besides two in other districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi