Parts of North India receive rains
New Delhi: Temperatures remained high in North India on Sunday with only some parts of the region receiving rainfall.
The capital Delhi recorded a high of 37.5 degrees celsius, three degrees more than normal and a minimum of 28.5 degrees celsius, two notches above the usual.
In Uttar Pradesh, light to moderate rain and thundershowers lashed some parts in the last 24 hours.
According to the Met office, rain occurred at a few places over western UP and at one or two places over eastern parts of the state.
Rainfall was recorded in Hardoi, Orai, Pilibhit, Jhansi and Bareilly.
Rain and thundershower would occur at few places over western UP and at one or two places over eastern parts of the state.
Normal life was thrown out of gear in Hyderabad due to 15.2 cms of rain yesterday.
A woman and her three children were killed when a wall collapsed on them in Miyapur area of Hyderabad. While, in a similar incident at Balanagar industrial area, five more persons were killed.
Parts of Rajasthan also got intermittent rains keeping temperatures near normal.
Light to moderate rainfall was witnessed in Jaipur, Bharatput, Kota and Bikaner divisions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH