Parts of North India receive rains
New Delhi: Temperatures remained high in North India on Sunday with only some parts of the region receiving rainfall.
The capital Delhi recorded a high of 37.5 degrees celsius, three degrees more than normal and a minimum of 28.5 degrees celsius, two notches above the usual.
In Uttar Pradesh, light to moderate rain and thundershowers lashed some parts in the last 24 hours.
According to the Met office, rain occurred at a few places over western UP and at one or two places over eastern parts of the state.
Rainfall was recorded in Hardoi, Orai, Pilibhit, Jhansi and Bareilly.
Rain and thundershower would occur at few places over western UP and at one or two places over eastern parts of the state.
Normal life was thrown out of gear in Hyderabad due to 15.2 cms of rain yesterday.
A woman and her three children were killed when a wall collapsed on them in Miyapur area of Hyderabad. While, in a similar incident at Balanagar industrial area, five more persons were killed.
Parts of Rajasthan also got intermittent rains keeping temperatures near normal.
Light to moderate rainfall was witnessed in Jaipur, Bharatput, Kota and Bikaner divisions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Gujarat Dalit protest: After Rahul, Kejriwal to visit violence-hit Una today
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons