Parts of North suffer humid weather, Srinagar hottest in 7 yrs
New Delhi: Most parts of North India, bereft of rains, on Monday reeled under humid conditions and Srinagar witnessed hottest day in seven years, even as the national capital was lashed by heavy showers flooding roads and causing traffic jams.
Delhi received heavy rains today bringing some respite from the humid conditions.
The humidity level was between 83 to 65 per cent and the day temperature settled at 36 degree Celsius, two notches above normal.
The minimum temperature in Delhi settled at 28.8 deg C which is also two degree above normal, according to the Meteorological department.
In Jammu and Kashmir, Srinagar recorded the hottest day in seven years as the mercury touched 35.4 deg C today.
"It is the hottest day since July 2006," a spokesman of the Met office said. He said it was the second hottest day in Kashmir in the last decade. The mercury had touched 35.5 deg C for successive years in the month of July 2005 and 2006.
In Uttar Pradesh, some parts in western region got light to moderate rains.
Lalitpur got 10 cm rain, Mahroni 9 cm, Mauranipur 4 cm, Najibabad and Mahoba 2 cm each.
Central Water Commission said that the Ganga river continued to flow close to the danger mark from Fatehgarh to Dalmau in Rae Bareli and was flowing above the red mark in Ballia district.
The Yamuna river was flowing close to the red mark at Prayag Ghat in Mathura, while the Ghaghra river continued to flow above the red mark at Elgin Bridge in Barabanki, Ayodhya and Turtipar in Ballia.
Rains gave a slip to the most parts of Punjab and Haryana.
High humidity prevailed in the two states as the maximum temperatures continued to hover a few notches above normal.
Chandigarh recorded a high of 36 deg C, three notches above normal. Hisar in Haryana was the hottest place in the region recording a high of 38.8 deg C, three notches above the normal level.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow