Party, cadre firmly behind Gadkari: Sushma Swaraj
New Delhi: The BJP on Wednesday hit back at the Arvind Kejriwal-led India Against Corruption for accusing its president Nitin Gadkari of encroaching upon farmers land in Maharashtra.
At a press conference today, Kejriwal accused Gadkari being involved in the Maharashtra irrigation scam.
Senior BJP leader Sushma Swaraj said after the IAC press conference, it is clear that Gadkari ji is clean.
“The cadre, the party is behind him,” she added.
Arun Jaitley said “today’s press conference is a failed attempt to bring moral equivalence between the BJP and the Congress”.
Accusing the IAC of wanting to stay in limelight, Jaitley said “even after digging deep we have not been able to understand what the allegations (against Gadkari) are”.
“They have created a mountain of what was not even a molehill,” he added.
Jaitley said after today’s press conference, they have damaged the credibility of the civil society organisations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Land of believers! Out of 1.2 billion people, only 33,000 are atheists in India
- Hafiz Saeed is overseeing attacks by ISIS fighters in Afghanistan?
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan government may appeal against Salman Khan's acquittal
- 'Michael Jackson died a vulnerable man'
- Kunis, Kutcher bought wedding rings on e-commerce site