Party MP brandishing gun extremely disturbing: Congress
New Delhi: Congress on Friday described as "extremely disturbing" its Lok Sabha MP from Gujarat Vitthal Radadia for his act of brandishing a gun to threaten the employees of a toll plaza in the state.
"Images which are being shown on TV are disturbing undoubtedly. There is no running away from it. We are a little circumspect and cautious before we pronounce judgment. The process of natural justice does entail us to give him a chance to explain.
"We have asked the Gujarat PCC to send us a detailed report. It is extremely disturbing. I would be less than honest if I say I do not share...(that view)," party spokesman Manish Tewari told reporters.
Radadia, apparently enraged at a toll plaza attendant asking him for the original I-card after his driver had shown a photocopy, was seen on national TV menacingly flashing his gun in front of the booth and repeatedly tapping the glass enclosure with the barrel.
Radadia, considered a `strongman` in Saurashtra region, represents Porbandar constituency in Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites
- 'Idiots are lined up at every step': Young IAS officer's fight against sexual harassment
- Which Kapoor does Katrina like the most besides beau Ranbir?