Party MP brandishing gun extremely disturbing: Congress
New Delhi: Congress on Friday described as "extremely disturbing" its Lok Sabha MP from Gujarat Vitthal Radadia for his act of brandishing a gun to threaten the employees of a toll plaza in the state.
"Images which are being shown on TV are disturbing undoubtedly. There is no running away from it. We are a little circumspect and cautious before we pronounce judgment. The process of natural justice does entail us to give him a chance to explain.
"We have asked the Gujarat PCC to send us a detailed report. It is extremely disturbing. I would be less than honest if I say I do not share...(that view)," party spokesman Manish Tewari told reporters.
Radadia, apparently enraged at a toll plaza attendant asking him for the original I-card after his driver had shown a photocopy, was seen on national TV menacingly flashing his gun in front of the booth and repeatedly tapping the glass enclosure with the barrel.
Radadia, considered a `strongman` in Saurashtra region, represents Porbandar constituency in Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'