Party MP brandishing gun extremely disturbing: Congress
New Delhi: Congress on Friday described as "extremely disturbing" its Lok Sabha MP from Gujarat Vitthal Radadia for his act of brandishing a gun to threaten the employees of a toll plaza in the state.
"Images which are being shown on TV are disturbing undoubtedly. There is no running away from it. We are a little circumspect and cautious before we pronounce judgment. The process of natural justice does entail us to give him a chance to explain.
"We have asked the Gujarat PCC to send us a detailed report. It is extremely disturbing. I would be less than honest if I say I do not share...(that view)," party spokesman Manish Tewari told reporters.
Radadia, apparently enraged at a toll plaza attendant asking him for the original I-card after his driver had shown a photocopy, was seen on national TV menacingly flashing his gun in front of the booth and repeatedly tapping the glass enclosure with the barrel.
Radadia, considered a `strongman` in Saurashtra region, represents Porbandar constituency in Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars