Party MP brandishing gun extremely disturbing: Congress
New Delhi: Congress on Friday described as "extremely disturbing" its Lok Sabha MP from Gujarat Vitthal Radadia for his act of brandishing a gun to threaten the employees of a toll plaza in the state.
"Images which are being shown on TV are disturbing undoubtedly. There is no running away from it. We are a little circumspect and cautious before we pronounce judgment. The process of natural justice does entail us to give him a chance to explain.
"We have asked the Gujarat PCC to send us a detailed report. It is extremely disturbing. I would be less than honest if I say I do not share...(that view)," party spokesman Manish Tewari told reporters.
Radadia, apparently enraged at a toll plaza attendant asking him for the original I-card after his driver had shown a photocopy, was seen on national TV menacingly flashing his gun in front of the booth and repeatedly tapping the glass enclosure with the barrel.
Radadia, considered a `strongman` in Saurashtra region, represents Porbandar constituency in Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read