Party workers to decide on Congress poll candidates: Singh
Lucknow: Union minister RPN Singh on Sunday said the party workers will have a significant say in the selection of Congress candidates for Lok Sabha polls in 2014.
"Party`s top leadership has said the Lok Sabha candidates will be decided by party workers not leaders. The time of party workers has come and they will be heard," Singh, the Minister of State for Home, said.
Addressing a party meeting here, Singh asked party workers to be prepared for polls, and said achievements of the Congress-led UPA government should be taken to the masses.
"The UPA government has acted tough against terrorists and arrested many of them, while BJP had taken a soft approach on them (during the NDA regime)," he alleged.
On Food Security Bill, Singh said UP alone will get foodgrains worth over Rs 9,000 crore, and the scheme will benefit about 70 per cent population of the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Meet Kirti Bharti, the new topper of Bihar Intermediate exams in Arts stream!
- Agra boy seeks PM Modi, CM Akhilesh's help for his blood cancer treatment
- Armoured cars now mandatory to accompany security forces in Kashmir
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Guess who? Angered by film failure, this actor breaks hotel furniture
- Determined Sonakshi Sinha's first 'Akira' poster looks intriguing! – Pic inside
- Turkey allows more patrol flights on Syria border by NATO allies: Official
- Video: How Wales's players celebrated rivals England's exit from the Euro 2016. Crazy!
- Anna Hazare unveils poster of his biopic