Party workers to decide on Congress poll candidates: Singh
Lucknow: Union minister RPN Singh on Sunday said the party workers will have a significant say in the selection of Congress candidates for Lok Sabha polls in 2014.
"Party`s top leadership has said the Lok Sabha candidates will be decided by party workers not leaders. The time of party workers has come and they will be heard," Singh, the Minister of State for Home, said.
Addressing a party meeting here, Singh asked party workers to be prepared for polls, and said achievements of the Congress-led UPA government should be taken to the masses.
"The UPA government has acted tough against terrorists and arrested many of them, while BJP had taken a soft approach on them (during the NDA regime)," he alleged.
On Food Security Bill, Singh said UP alone will get foodgrains worth over Rs 9,000 crore, and the scheme will benefit about 70 per cent population of the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown