Party workers to decide on Congress poll candidates: Singh
Lucknow: Union minister RPN Singh on Sunday said the party workers will have a significant say in the selection of Congress candidates for Lok Sabha polls in 2014.
"Party`s top leadership has said the Lok Sabha candidates will be decided by party workers not leaders. The time of party workers has come and they will be heard," Singh, the Minister of State for Home, said.
Addressing a party meeting here, Singh asked party workers to be prepared for polls, and said achievements of the Congress-led UPA government should be taken to the masses.
"The UPA government has acted tough against terrorists and arrested many of them, while BJP had taken a soft approach on them (during the NDA regime)," he alleged.
On Food Security Bill, Singh said UP alone will get foodgrains worth over Rs 9,000 crore, and the scheme will benefit about 70 per cent population of the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui