Pass Jan Lokpal Bill by Aug 30: Team Anna
New Delhi: As Prime Minister Manmohan Singh
spoke about the need for a reasoned debate on Lokpal Bill, Team Anna Monday said the government should ensure passage of
the Jan Lokpal Bill by August 30.
"The Prime Minister should ensure passage of Jan Lokpal Bill and then only the intention of what he said could come true," activist Kiran Bedi said referring to Singh`s remarks on corruption and its eradication.
She said the government should get the Bill passed in
Parliament by August 30, the deadline set by fasting Anna
"Your bill is very weak. Please understand that....You
take five minutes to clear a bill if it is about your salary.
Get the Jan Lokpal Bill passed. Still there are five-six days
left," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday