Pass Jan Lokpal Bill by Aug 30: Team Anna
New Delhi: As Prime Minister Manmohan Singh
spoke about the need for a reasoned debate on Lokpal Bill, Team Anna Monday said the government should ensure passage of
the Jan Lokpal Bill by August 30.
"The Prime Minister should ensure passage of Jan Lokpal Bill and then only the intention of what he said could come true," activist Kiran Bedi said referring to Singh`s remarks on corruption and its eradication.
She said the government should get the Bill passed in
Parliament by August 30, the deadline set by fasting Anna
"Your bill is very weak. Please understand that....You
take five minutes to clear a bill if it is about your salary.
Get the Jan Lokpal Bill passed. Still there are five-six days
left," she said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'