Pass Jan Lokpal Bill by Aug 30: Team Anna
New Delhi: As Prime Minister Manmohan Singh
spoke about the need for a reasoned debate on Lokpal Bill, Team Anna Monday said the government should ensure passage of
the Jan Lokpal Bill by August 30.
"The Prime Minister should ensure passage of Jan Lokpal Bill and then only the intention of what he said could come true," activist Kiran Bedi said referring to Singh`s remarks on corruption and its eradication.
She said the government should get the Bill passed in
Parliament by August 30, the deadline set by fasting Anna
"Your bill is very weak. Please understand that....You
take five minutes to clear a bill if it is about your salary.
Get the Jan Lokpal Bill passed. Still there are five-six days
left," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption