Passenger boat rams into INS Viraat, no casualties
Kochi: A Kerala state owned boat ferrying about 100 passengers rammed into aircraft carrier INS Viraat here, naval sources said on Monday.
However, no one was injured and there was no damage to Viraat, which is here as part of its periodic and scheduled maintenance, the sources said.
The incident occurred yesterday as German cruise liner `Celebrity Solistice`, which had arrived here on Saturday with about 2800 tourists and 1250 crew, was about to embark on its journey for Port Klang, Malaysia.
The boat driver said he was unaware of the presence of the cruise liner, which also allegedly failed to sound a siren before starting its journey, Kerala State Water Transport Department sources said.
It is suspected the boat got caught in waves generated by propellers of the liner and rammed into the naval vessel.
The boat was on its way to Ernakulam jetty from Fort Kochi.
The KSWTD has ordered an enquiry.
INS Viraat will be in Kochi for a few months.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days