Passenger boat rams into INS Viraat, no casualties
Kochi: A Kerala state owned boat ferrying about 100 passengers rammed into aircraft carrier INS Viraat here, naval sources said on Monday.
However, no one was injured and there was no damage to Viraat, which is here as part of its periodic and scheduled maintenance, the sources said.
The incident occurred yesterday as German cruise liner `Celebrity Solistice`, which had arrived here on Saturday with about 2800 tourists and 1250 crew, was about to embark on its journey for Port Klang, Malaysia.
The boat driver said he was unaware of the presence of the cruise liner, which also allegedly failed to sound a siren before starting its journey, Kerala State Water Transport Department sources said.
It is suspected the boat got caught in waves generated by propellers of the liner and rammed into the naval vessel.
The boat was on its way to Ernakulam jetty from Fort Kochi.
The KSWTD has ordered an enquiry.
INS Viraat will be in Kochi for a few months.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram