Passenger train rams into a goods train, no casualty
Bhubaneswar: Puri-Durg Express rammed into a stationary goods train near Mancheswar on the outskirts of Bhubaneswar on Wednesday night but there was no casualty or injury, railway sources said.
There was no injury to anyone and all the passengers were safe after 18425 Puri-Durg Express hit the stationary goods train from behind at Kalajhari near Mancheswar, an East Coast Railway (ECoR) spokesman said.
The Talcher-bound goods train from Visakhapatnam had stopped due to a snag in its engine when the express train hit it from the rear, he said adding four wagons and the brake van of the goods train derailed under the impact.
However, no damage was caused to Puri-Durg Express train which was moving at a slow speed and came to a halt after the incident, sources said.
Rail traffic on busy Chennai-Howrah route was disrupted for a couple of hours and about a dozen trains were stranded at different locations following the accident, railway officials said.
Senior railway and police officials have rushed to the site to supervise track clearance operation for which men and machinery were pressed into service.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!