Passenger train rams into a goods train, no casualty
Bhubaneswar: Puri-Durg Express rammed into a stationary goods train near Mancheswar on the outskirts of Bhubaneswar on Wednesday night but there was no casualty or injury, railway sources said.
There was no injury to anyone and all the passengers were safe after 18425 Puri-Durg Express hit the stationary goods train from behind at Kalajhari near Mancheswar, an East Coast Railway (ECoR) spokesman said.
The Talcher-bound goods train from Visakhapatnam had stopped due to a snag in its engine when the express train hit it from the rear, he said adding four wagons and the brake van of the goods train derailed under the impact.
However, no damage was caused to Puri-Durg Express train which was moving at a slow speed and came to a halt after the incident, sources said.
Rail traffic on busy Chennai-Howrah route was disrupted for a couple of hours and about a dozen trains were stranded at different locations following the accident, railway officials said.
Senior railway and police officials have rushed to the site to supervise track clearance operation for which men and machinery were pressed into service.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'