Passengers robbed in train in Rajasthan
Jaipur: Unidentified men on Saturday allegedly robbed some passengers of the AC coach of a train in Dausa district of Rajasthan, officials said.
The incident occurred in the wee hours between Mandawar and Kherli areas after the Ahmedabad-Gorakhpur weekly express train left Dausa district`s Bandikui railway station.
The train was stopped after its emergency chain was pulled by some of the accused, who were already present in the train, somewhere near Mandawar, to let their accomplices enter the coach, GRP sources said.
The miscreants allegedly robbed some passengers of the AC coach.
After robbing the passengers, they stopped the train again and fled.
The passengers informed the guard following which the GRP at Bandikui in Dausa and Bharatpur were informed.
"The amount of booty and the number of passengers robbed is not clear. The train left for its destination and the statement of passengers could not be recorded so far," SHO, GRP, Bandikui, Hariram said, adding, that the matter was being probed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UNBELIEVABLE! This visually-impaired Pakistani singer's voice will give you goosebumps - WATCH
- Shah Rukh Khan served notice by I-T department on his offshore firms
- Democrats push unity, but convention starts under cloud
- IOB, Central Bank to benefit from capital infusion: Moody's
- Ansbach attack suggests Islamist motive: Bavarian official