Passengers robbed in train in Rajasthan
Jaipur: Unidentified men on Saturday allegedly robbed some passengers of the AC coach of a train in Dausa district of Rajasthan, officials said.
The incident occurred in the wee hours between Mandawar and Kherli areas after the Ahmedabad-Gorakhpur weekly express train left Dausa district`s Bandikui railway station.
The train was stopped after its emergency chain was pulled by some of the accused, who were already present in the train, somewhere near Mandawar, to let their accomplices enter the coach, GRP sources said.
The miscreants allegedly robbed some passengers of the AC coach.
After robbing the passengers, they stopped the train again and fled.
The passengers informed the guard following which the GRP at Bandikui in Dausa and Bharatpur were informed.
"The amount of booty and the number of passengers robbed is not clear. The train left for its destination and the statement of passengers could not be recorded so far," SHO, GRP, Bandikui, Hariram said, adding, that the matter was being probed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video