Passport of Ramdev`s close aide issued after probe
Bareilly: The passport of Ramdev`s close
aide, Acharya Balkrishna was issued after requisite
intelligence reports by the Bareilly passport office in which
he has been shown as resident of Haridwar, an official
Following the controversy over Balkrishana`s
nationality, the records of the passport office here were
examined and it has been found that his passport no. 245797
has been issued in 1997 showing him as resident of Haridwar,
passport officer Sudhakar Rastogi said.
The office used to issue passports to the residents of
Uttaranchal before the new state came into being, he said.
Rastogi said that passport is issued only after the
report by LIU, police and CID. When the reports of these three
agencies said that the applicant is Indian only then it was
The documents relating to Balkrishana have been kept
in safe custody. The original copies have already been
transferred to the Dehradun office, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!