Passport of Ramdev`s close aide issued after probe
Bareilly: The passport of Ramdev`s close
aide, Acharya Balkrishna was issued after requisite
intelligence reports by the Bareilly passport office in which
he has been shown as resident of Haridwar, an official
Following the controversy over Balkrishana`s
nationality, the records of the passport office here were
examined and it has been found that his passport no. 245797
has been issued in 1997 showing him as resident of Haridwar,
passport officer Sudhakar Rastogi said.
The office used to issue passports to the residents of
Uttaranchal before the new state came into being, he said.
Rastogi said that passport is issued only after the
report by LIU, police and CID. When the reports of these three
agencies said that the applicant is Indian only then it was
The documents relating to Balkrishana have been kept
in safe custody. The original copies have already been
transferred to the Dehradun office, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!