Passport services for Indian nationals outsourced
Washington: Passport related services for
Indian nationals in the US have been outsourced to a
subsidiary of a Switzerland-headquartered company, the Indian
Embassy has said.
Outsourcing of passport related services like
issuing of new passports; renewal has been given to VFS
Global, which would begin its services from April 16.
VFS Global is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Kuoni
Group, a public-listed company headquartered in Zurich,
Passport related services have been outsourced at
the Indian Embassy in Washington and its five Consulates in
New York, San Francisco, Chicago, Houston and the newly opened
The outsourced agency is setting up a website
http://www.vfsglobal.com/india/usa, the Indian Embassy said in
a notice posted on its website, according to which VFS Global
has also established a call centre.
The call center and website will be functional with
effect from April 9.
However, the Embassy notice did not give details of
the fee an applicant would have to pay as a result of
outsourcing of the passport services.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH