Passport services for Indian nationals outsourced
Washington: Passport related services for
Indian nationals in the US have been outsourced to a
subsidiary of a Switzerland-headquartered company, the Indian
Embassy has said.
Outsourcing of passport related services like
issuing of new passports; renewal has been given to VFS
Global, which would begin its services from April 16.
VFS Global is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Kuoni
Group, a public-listed company headquartered in Zurich,
Passport related services have been outsourced at
the Indian Embassy in Washington and its five Consulates in
New York, San Francisco, Chicago, Houston and the newly opened
The outsourced agency is setting up a website
http://www.vfsglobal.com/india/usa, the Indian Embassy said in
a notice posted on its website, according to which VFS Global
has also established a call centre.
The call center and website will be functional with
effect from April 9.
However, the Embassy notice did not give details of
the fee an applicant would have to pay as a result of
outsourcing of the passport services.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Uttarakhand: BJP MLA Prem Singh Rana insulted during CM Harish Rawat's speech
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth