Passport services for Indian nationals outsourced
Washington: Passport related services for
Indian nationals in the US have been outsourced to a
subsidiary of a Switzerland-headquartered company, the Indian
Embassy has said.
Outsourcing of passport related services like
issuing of new passports; renewal has been given to VFS
Global, which would begin its services from April 16.
VFS Global is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Kuoni
Group, a public-listed company headquartered in Zurich,
Passport related services have been outsourced at
the Indian Embassy in Washington and its five Consulates in
New York, San Francisco, Chicago, Houston and the newly opened
The outsourced agency is setting up a website
http://www.vfsglobal.com/india/usa, the Indian Embassy said in
a notice posted on its website, according to which VFS Global
has also established a call centre.
The call center and website will be functional with
effect from April 9.
However, the Embassy notice did not give details of
the fee an applicant would have to pay as a result of
outsourcing of the passport services.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Actor-politician Shatrughan Sinha says he would be happy to promote Bihar as its brand ambassador
- Good news! Foreigners, NRIs can now book train tickets in India using debit, credit cards
- Telangana SSC class 10th Results 2016 is likely to be declared on May 5
- West Bengal Assembly Elections: Polling begins in crucial fifth phase, 680 central forces companies deployed
- Severe heat wave condition in West Bengal