Paswan arrested for trying to enter Bhatta Parsaul village
Noida: LJP chief Ram Vilas Paswan was on Thursday arrested here for trying to enter Bhatta Parsaul village where
farmers are on an agitation seeking enhanced compensation for
land acquired for a road project.
Paswan was stopped by police at the DND flyover and
prevented from proceeding towards the village, the epicentre
of the protest.
"We have arrested him," SP (Noida City) Anant Dev said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured