Paswan asks Centre to ban RSS after Rahul remarks
Patna: LJP President Ram Vilas Paswan on Friday
asked the UPA government to ban Sang Parivar outfits "if it
seriously takes the comments of Rahul Gandhi" who described
the RSS as a fundamentalist outfit like SIMI.
The Centre should ban the Sang Parivar outfits if it
paid heed to Gandhi`s comments about the RSS at Bhopal two
days ago or otherwise it will create an impression that his
views did not carry weight, consistent with his stature,
Paswan told reporters here.
"It is heard that when Rahul speaks, even the Prime
Minister pays attention to his remarks or advice.
"What type of message will the Centre send to the society
if it still not decides to act against the outfits associated
with `the killers of Mahatma Gandhi` even after getting a
signal from Rahulji?" he asked.
The LJP President claimed that if the Centre did not take
initiation to ban the Sangh Parivar outfits, a message will go
to the masses that the Amethi MP had made observations in a
damage control exercise to ward off the ramification of the
Allahabad High Court verdict on the disputed site at Ayodhya
Seeking to establish a chord with the minorities, he said
the LJP has consistently demanded a ban on the RSS/VHP/Bajrang
Dal over the years and had exhorted the Centre to take a
decision on the right-wing organisations when it had decided
to ban the SIMI for its alleged links with terror elements.
The judicial verdict on the disputed site at Ayodhya has
obviously not gone down well with the minorities and will even
force them to reconsider their support to the Congress in the
Bihar assembly polls, Paswan claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’