Paswan, RJD walk out, Rajya Sabha adjourned for 10 minutes
New Delhi: The Rajya Sabha was briefly adjourned for 10 minutes on Monday following protests by the Lok Janshakti Party (LJP) and the Rashtriya Janta Dal (RJD) over an audit report pointing to graft in providing relief to the victims of the 2007 floods in Bihar.
Raising the issue during zero hour, LJP leader Ram Vilas Paswan demanded that a report of the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) pointing to corruption of Rs 25 lakhs in providing flood relief be discussed in the house.
However, Deputy Chairman K Rahman Khan, rejected the demand, saying that it was a state subject and could not be raised in parliament.
Paswan, however, continued to raise the demand and was joined by RJD members, following which Khan adjourned the house for 10 minutes.
Paswan and the RJD members continued with the demand when the House reassembled and with Khan refusing to relent, members of the two parties staged a walk out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past