Paswan thanks Nitish for praise, but says he will be with Cong
Patna: Thanking Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar for his kind words, Lok Janshakti Party (LJP) president Ramvilas Paswan on Monday said his party was with Congress and will go with its decision on alliance.
"I thank Chief Minister Nitish Kumar for the respect and kind words. We have been old friends," Paswan told PTI reacting to the Chief Minister`s comments earlier in the day.
"There has been differences between us on principles, but never on personal matters," he said on Kumar.
On the issue of alliance, Paswan said LJP was with Congress and will go with its decision on the alliance.
"Congress` decision on alliance will be acceptable to us," he added.
Media reports have indicated Congress` dilemma on whether to go with Lalu Prasad`s RJD or Nitish Kumar`s JD(U) for the crucial 2014 Lok Sabha elections in Bihar, with some reports indicating that a section of LJP leaders was pressing for an alliance with the ruling JD(U).
LJP fought the last Lok Sabha elections in Bihar in partnership with RJD while Congress contested alone. RJD managed to win four seats while LJP drew a blank. Even Paswan lost from his bastion Hajipur. Congress had bagged two seats in 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Watch video: NASA's SDO captures solar material bursting from the sun!
- Salaries to go up 10.7%, star performers to gain handsomely: Study
- Nico Hulkenberg brings one point for Force India from Hungry
- AFI asks IAAF for Olympics wild card for javelin prodigy Neeraj Chopra
- Seven lakh applicants for Punjab Police to face dope test