Paswan thanks Nitish for praise, but says he will be with Cong
Patna: Thanking Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar for his kind words, Lok Janshakti Party (LJP) president Ramvilas Paswan on Monday said his party was with Congress and will go with its decision on alliance.
"I thank Chief Minister Nitish Kumar for the respect and kind words. We have been old friends," Paswan told PTI reacting to the Chief Minister`s comments earlier in the day.
"There has been differences between us on principles, but never on personal matters," he said on Kumar.
On the issue of alliance, Paswan said LJP was with Congress and will go with its decision on the alliance.
"Congress` decision on alliance will be acceptable to us," he added.
Media reports have indicated Congress` dilemma on whether to go with Lalu Prasad`s RJD or Nitish Kumar`s JD(U) for the crucial 2014 Lok Sabha elections in Bihar, with some reports indicating that a section of LJP leaders was pressing for an alliance with the ruling JD(U).
LJP fought the last Lok Sabha elections in Bihar in partnership with RJD while Congress contested alone. RJD managed to win four seats while LJP drew a blank. Even Paswan lost from his bastion Hajipur. Congress had bagged two seats in 2009.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- TRAGIC! Not Shahid Afridi but this Pakistani pacer has lost his first child...
- Vijay Mallya says in forced exile, no plans to return to India
- Now, 'Find Time' for your meetings using Google Calendar
- Cancel your train ticket on phone or via SMS through these easy steps
- Not getting visa? This Balaji temple can help you fly abroad