Patel expresses faith in Narendra Modi`s leadership
Patna: A day after supporting the BJP MP Shatrughan Sinha`s remarks describing Chief Minister Nitish Kumar as a prime ministerial material, party MLA Prem Ranjan Patel made an about turn and expressed faith in the Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s leadership.
Issuing a statement, Patel said that his comments on Sinha`s praise of Kumar were twisted out of proportion by the media.
"The BJP will contest the next general elections under Modi`s leadership and return to power at the Centre," he said.
A first-time MLA from Suryagraha assembly seat from Lakhisarai district, Patel also lauded the Gujarat model of development under Modi`s chief ministership for over a decade and said that all states should adopt this model.
The BJP MLA also attacked Nitish Kumar for severing alliance with the saffron party and said that the people of Bihar would never forgive the latter for betraying the mandate.
Patel had yesterday created flutter by backing the BJP MP`s praise of Kumar as a prime ministerial material and said that there was nothing wrong in what the popular actor had said and observed that the latter`s remarks should have been seen in totality.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family