Patel hits out at Radia, wonders how she shot into prominence
New Delhi: Civil Aviation Minister Praful
Patel, who was at the receiving end in the tapped
conversations of corporate lobbyist Niira Radia, on Wednesday
wondered how she came to prominence and what was her claim to
Refusing to join issue with her, he said such people
run "smear campaigns" and "vitiated" the atmosphere.
"How did she come to know so many people in Delhi. What was her claim to fame... all that is something people
should ponder about," Patel said.
"Such people do not deserve any of my time and
attention, except to say that it is such type of people who
vitiate the atmosphere and run smear campaigns to suit their
interests," he said, but ruled out plans to take any legal
action against Radia for her statements against him.
In the controversial tapes, Radia tells Rajya Sabha
member and former bureaucrat N K Singh that Patel has
"destroyed the(aviation) sector. I am sorry I do have a view
about it. I do not think he has done justice with the sector."
To this, Singh replies, "He has worked as a minister
for Naresh Goyal (Jet Airways Chairman)."
Radia then says "yes, yes and now Vijay Mallya
(Kingfisher Airlines) at the cost of the national carrier."
Patel said, "As we have brought in fundamental changes
in the aviation sector and have made the system grow, we have
got both bouquets and brickbats. Nobody would have criticised
us if we had not done anything."
He dubbed Radia as an "economic terrorist" accusing
her of having "vested interests" and a "personal agenda."
"You want me to comment on lobbies and their agents
and what they have said. They have vested interests and a
personal agenda," Patel said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah