Paternity issue: ND Tiwari to submit blood samples
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Tuesday
asked veteran Congress leader N D Tiwari to appear before it
on June 1 and give his blood samples for DNA test to ascertain
a 31-year-old man`s claim that he is his biological son.
"Let all the persons concerned (Tiwari, Rohit Shekhar
and his mother Ujjwala Sharma) appear in person on June 1 (in
the court`s dispensary) to give their blood samples for the
requisite DNA test," Joint Registrar Deepak Garg said.
The court, which had earlier issued notice to the
chief medical officer of the Delhi High Court dispensary, was
today informed that a doctor has already been appointed to
collect blood samples of three persons, including 85-year-old
The court clarified that the Congress leader and the
mother-son duo will have to bear the cost of the DNA tests at
the Centre for DNA, Fingerprinting and Diagnostics (CDFD) at
The court, meanwhile, asked the counsel for Tiwari to
pay Rs 75,000 to Rohit Shekhar as a fine, which was imposed on
him for making a plea to the court to delete a paragraph from
Rohit`s paternity suit, within a week.
Earlier, the court had sought assistance from its
dispensary`s CMO to discuss the modalities for taking blood
samples of Tiwari, Rohit Shekhar and his mother Ujjwala.
The CDFD had earlier sent its response along with the
blood collection kit to the court for taking the blood samples
of the three persons including Tiwari.
The court had sought the CDFD assistance in fixing
modalities for DNA test of Tiwari to ascertain the claim of
Rohit Shekhar that he is the Congress leader`s biological son.
The response of the laboratory was required as to how
it would go about the test and how much time will it take in
ascertaining the outcome, Garg had said.
The Joint Registrar would record evidence to enable
the regular court to decide the plea of Rohit Shekhar that he
be declared the son of the veteran Congress leader.
Justice Gita Mittal had modified an earlier order
asking CDFD, instead of Centre for Cellular and Molecular
Biology (CCMB), to conduct the DNA test.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees