Paternity row: Rohit, mother give blood samples
New Delhi: A youth claiming to be the biological son of veteran Congress leader N D Tiwari on Saturday gave his blood samples along with his mother in the Delhi High Court in connection with a paternity suit.
Rohit Shekhar and his mother Ujjawala Sharma made themselves available before a Joint Registrar as ordered by single judge bench of Reva Khetrapal to give their blood samples.
A doctor and nurse took the blood samples for the DNA test of the duo in the chamber of Joint Registrar Deepak Garg and kept them in a sealed cover.
"You (Shekhar and Sharma) come inside the chamber along with your lawyers for collection of the blood samples as the court room is small," Garg said minutes after a doctor and a nurse entered the court room.
The blood samples of the mother-son duo were taken in presence of Bahar-U-Barqi, the counsel for Tiwari.
Earlier, the High Court had also asked 86-year-old Tiwari to give his blood sample before it but that order was modified by the Supreme Court on May 24 which was communicated to the Joint Registrar by the counsel for 32-year-old Rohit Shekhar.
The counsel referred to the Supreme Court order which said that Congress leader would be giving his blood sample at his residence in Dehradun, Uttarakhand on May 29.
"In pursuance of the aforesaid modification in the order of the High Court, respondent number two (N D Tiwari) would be giving his blood sample for the DNA profile test at his residence in Dehradun," the lawyer said.
Three separate DNA testing kits kept in a sealed cover were unsealed in an open court room for collection of the blood samples of the mother-son duo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police