Paternity row: Tiwari gives blood sample, finally
New Delhi: Veteran Congress leader and former Andhra Pradesh governor ND Tiwari, who is embroiled in a paternity suit, finally gave his blood sample for DNA profiling on Tuesday as per the orders of the Supreme Court.
The apex court had directed Tiwari last Thursday to submit his blood sample in a paternity suit filed by a young man, Rohit Shekhar, who claims to be his biological son.
The apex court bench of Justice Deepak Verma and Justice SJ Mukhopadhyay had directed Tiwari to submit his blood sample today after he refused to follow a Delhi High Court order for giving his blood sample.
A five-member laboratory team, including a surgeon of the Dehradun Civil Hospital and a pathologist, the district judge and a joint registrar of the Delhi High Court were present at Tiwari’s residence here when the blood sample was collected.
Petitioner Rohit Shekhar and his mother were also present. Security had been increased at Tiwari`s residence here prior to the blood sample was taken.
The apex court had directed that the entire process would be carried out in strict confidentiality and the blood sample kept in sealed cover would be sent to designated lab for DNA profiling.
The Delhi High Court, in its April 27 order, had ordered Tiwari to undergo the DNA test in the paternity suit and had also imposed a fine of Rs 25,000 on the veteran leader.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch