Paternity suit: HC grants more time to Tiwari to file response
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court Tuesday gave
one more week to veteran Congress politician and former Andhra
Pradesh Governor N D Tiwari to file his response on a
paternity suit filed by a youth claiming to be his biological
A Bench headed by Chief Justice A P Shah granted more
time to 84-year-old Tiwari as he failed to respond to court`s
notice of January 8.
The court listed the matter for further hearing on
The High Court had on January 8 asked Tiwari to
respond in a month on a paternity suit, filed by 30-year-old
He filed an appeal before a Division Bench challenging
a single-bench order which had dismissed his petition on the
ground that it was not maintainable and sought its direction
to declare Tiwari as his biological father.
The Court had on November 3 last allowed the plea of
Tiwari who had sought dismissal of the petition.
A law graduate, Shekhar, 30, filed the suit claiming
he was born out of a relationship between his mother Ujjwala
Sharma and Tiwari, a charge denied by the latter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth