Patil attends Tajikistan I-Day celebrations as chief guest
Dushanbe: In a rare honour, President Pratibha
Patil on Tuesday witnessed as chief guest the Independence Day
celebrations of Tajikistan marked by a colourful cultural
programme, including dance performances by school children on
Patil, who is on a three-day visit to this country, took
part in the function along with her Tajikistan counterpart
Emomali Rahmon, Prime Minister Akil Akilov and other top
Apart from traditional dances, children performed to the
tunes of Hindi movies`s songs, which received a huge applause
from the audience.
Patil witnessed the function organised on the occasion of
the 19th Independence Day of Tajikistan as the chief guest, a
rare honour bestowed on a foreign dignitary.
Patil, who spoke in Hindi on the occasion, recalled the
traditional ties between the two countries and lauded the
progress achieved by Tajikistan. She hoped that the bilateral
ties would grow even stronger in the days to come.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Kohli hits 26th hundred as India inch closer to win
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption