Patil attends Tajikistan I-Day celebrations as chief guest
Dushanbe: In a rare honour, President Pratibha
Patil on Tuesday witnessed as chief guest the Independence Day
celebrations of Tajikistan marked by a colourful cultural
programme, including dance performances by school children on
Patil, who is on a three-day visit to this country, took
part in the function along with her Tajikistan counterpart
Emomali Rahmon, Prime Minister Akil Akilov and other top
Apart from traditional dances, children performed to the
tunes of Hindi movies`s songs, which received a huge applause
from the audience.
Patil witnessed the function organised on the occasion of
the 19th Independence Day of Tajikistan as the chief guest, a
rare honour bestowed on a foreign dignitary.
Patil, who spoke in Hindi on the occasion, recalled the
traditional ties between the two countries and lauded the
progress achieved by Tajikistan. She hoped that the bilateral
ties would grow even stronger in the days to come.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened