Patna blasts carried out at behest of IM operative Tehseen Akhtar?
Patna: Mohd Tehseen Akhtar, second-in-command after the arrest of Yasin Bhatkal, is emerging as a new face of Indian Mujahideen terror in the country after one of the arrested accused told interrogators that the Patna blasts were carried out at his behest and he was the brain behind it.
Imtiyaz, who was apprehended by public near a toilet after a bomb exploded accidentally, is alleged to have named Akhtar alias Monu as the brain behind yesterday`s terror attack near Gandhi Maidan where BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi was addressing a rally, officials associated with probe said.
National Investigation Agency has already announced a cash reward of Rs 10 lakh on information leading to arrest of Akhtar, a resident of Samastipur in Bihar.
According to sources, Imtiyaz told interrogators that Akhtar had met them in Ranchi last week during which the plan for carrying out the attack was finalised.
Imtiyaz said that Tausim got injured seriously when he was fixing a "Lotus" watch in the explosive material and was apprehended by people while he was fleeing from the area and handed over to police.
The condition of Tausim was stated to be critical and doctors attending on him said his chance of survival was less.
Bihar Police, which has come under severe criticism for its failure to ensure a smooth political rally, registered a case finally this evening, more than 24 hours of the incident.
Akhtar is considered to be a close aide of Bhatkal, the man who co-founded Indian Mujahideen, and in past few months NIA has been raiding several places to arrest him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why