Patna blasts carried out at behest of IM operative Tehseen Akhtar?
Patna: Mohd Tehseen Akhtar, second-in-command after the arrest of Yasin Bhatkal, is emerging as a new face of Indian Mujahideen terror in the country after one of the arrested accused told interrogators that the Patna blasts were carried out at his behest and he was the brain behind it.
Imtiyaz, who was apprehended by public near a toilet after a bomb exploded accidentally, is alleged to have named Akhtar alias Monu as the brain behind yesterday`s terror attack near Gandhi Maidan where BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi was addressing a rally, officials associated with probe said.
National Investigation Agency has already announced a cash reward of Rs 10 lakh on information leading to arrest of Akhtar, a resident of Samastipur in Bihar.
According to sources, Imtiyaz told interrogators that Akhtar had met them in Ranchi last week during which the plan for carrying out the attack was finalised.
Imtiyaz said that Tausim got injured seriously when he was fixing a "Lotus" watch in the explosive material and was apprehended by people while he was fleeing from the area and handed over to police.
The condition of Tausim was stated to be critical and doctors attending on him said his chance of survival was less.
Bihar Police, which has come under severe criticism for its failure to ensure a smooth political rally, registered a case finally this evening, more than 24 hours of the incident.
Akhtar is considered to be a close aide of Bhatkal, the man who co-founded Indian Mujahideen, and in past few months NIA has been raiding several places to arrest him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Brexit shock: Pound tumbles 11%, lowest level in over three decades
- Nokia elevates Sanjay Malik to lead its India business
- Who rocked at the IIFA 2016 press con? Priyanka Chopra or Deepika Padukone—SEE PICS
- Ministers in 'coat and tie' look like waiters, says Subramanian Swamy
- WhatsApp, Viber pose security threat, should be banned: PIL filed in SC