Patna blasts fallout of appeasement politics: BJP
Lucknow: The BJP on Tuesday alleged that blasts in Patna during Narendra Modi`s rally was a fallout of appeasement politics pursued by various political parties, and they have put national security under threat for votes.
"The atmosphere created by Muslim appeasement is boosting the morale of terrorists. The terror attack on Hunkaar rally (of Modi) is a result of this," BJP`s national spokesperson Sudhanshu Trivedi said here.
He alleged that most of the non-BJP political parties, including Congress, SP and BSP, pursue politics of appeasement.
Terming the blasts an attack on a big political movement, Trivedi alleged that Congress, SP and BSP have same mentality and these parties have put national security and the dynamics of democracy under threat.
He alleged that the manner in which the Central and Bihar governments were trying to "shrug responsibility" over exchange of intelligence inputs was condemnable, and a matter of concern.
On External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid`s statement defending Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde and saying that he also has a personal life, Trivedi said it reflects how Congress was insensitive over such a serious issue.
"BJP wants to contest Lok Sabha elections on the issues of price rise, corruption and misgovernance, but Congress attempts to polarise on communal basis," he said.
On a question regarding 2002 Gujarat riots during Modi`s regime, Trivedi referred to 1984 Sikh riots and said it was an attempt to distract the attention of people from real issues.
"BJP was in the power in Gujarat, but in the states where it is in the opposition, there also, these parties hold BJP responsible for riots," he said, indirectly referring to the allegations of SP government in Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees