Patna blasts fallout of appeasement politics: BJP
Lucknow: The BJP on Tuesday alleged that blasts in Patna during Narendra Modi`s rally was a fallout of appeasement politics pursued by various political parties, and they have put national security under threat for votes.
"The atmosphere created by Muslim appeasement is boosting the morale of terrorists. The terror attack on Hunkaar rally (of Modi) is a result of this," BJP`s national spokesperson Sudhanshu Trivedi said here.
He alleged that most of the non-BJP political parties, including Congress, SP and BSP, pursue politics of appeasement.
Terming the blasts an attack on a big political movement, Trivedi alleged that Congress, SP and BSP have same mentality and these parties have put national security and the dynamics of democracy under threat.
He alleged that the manner in which the Central and Bihar governments were trying to "shrug responsibility" over exchange of intelligence inputs was condemnable, and a matter of concern.
On External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid`s statement defending Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde and saying that he also has a personal life, Trivedi said it reflects how Congress was insensitive over such a serious issue.
"BJP wants to contest Lok Sabha elections on the issues of price rise, corruption and misgovernance, but Congress attempts to polarise on communal basis," he said.
On a question regarding 2002 Gujarat riots during Modi`s regime, Trivedi referred to 1984 Sikh riots and said it was an attempt to distract the attention of people from real issues.
"BJP was in the power in Gujarat, but in the states where it is in the opposition, there also, these parties hold BJP responsible for riots," he said, indirectly referring to the allegations of SP government in Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`: Police
- Rajnath Singh to arrive in trouble-torn Kashmir on Saturday
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise