Patna HC issues notices to RBI, SBI and Centre
Patna: The Patna High Court today issued
notices to RBI, SBI and the central government to file their
respective replies on a PIL complaining "opressive and
capricious acts" of insurance companies in connivance with
A division bench of Chief Justice Rekha M Doshit and
justice Jyoti Sharan ordered issue of the notice on the PIL
filed by S N Singh, an advocate of the court.
The PIL had alleged that SBI and its subsidiary SBI Life
Insurance force customers to take insurance policies when
approached for loans.
"SBI compels the needy persons to buy an insurance policy
for a loan facility to avail hefty commission on deposit of
first premium and non-collection of second instalment finally
leads to abrupt closure of the insurance scheme," he alleged.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Former Australian cricketer Stuart Law is PCB's first choice for chief coach's job
- After Latur, now 'water train' for drought-hit Bundelkhand
- India's services sector growth softens in April
- Azam Khan dares Yogi Adityanath: `Prove your masculinity by getting married`
- Nihal Batla, face of Progeria awareness campaign in India, dies at 15