Patna serial blasts: Swami, Chouhan demand more security cover for Modi
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: A day after serial blasts rocked Narendra Modi`s rally venue in Patna, BJP leader Subramanian Swamy and Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Monday demanded more security protection for the party`s prime ministerial candidate.
Swami urged Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to amend the SPG act to extend its security cover to "principal candidates for the post of Prime Minister in the forthcoming elections in 2014."
In a statement, he alleged that Bihar Government led by Nitish Kumar has wilfully disregarded taking normal precautionary pre-emptive security measures for Modi or covertly abetted the failure of security.
He claimed that Modi could face life-threatening attacks in Congress-ruled states as the party has taken strong exception to Modi addressing Rahul Gandhi as "shehzada".
Chouhan meanwhile said that security of Modi should be intensified in view of serial blasts that took place in Patna shortly before party`s `Hunkar rally`.
"The bomb blasts in Patna are condemnable and there should be an in-depth inquiry into it and those responsible for it should be punished," Chouhan said.
He said "Modi is a popular leader in the country and there should be no loopholes in his security."
Chouhan also questioned Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi`s comments, where he had claimed that intelligence agencies in Pakistan were approaching some victims of the Muzaffarnagar riots to lure them to terrorism.
Meanwhile, the state chief minister`s Jan Ashirward Yatra, which began from Ujjain on July 22, ended last night in the Rau Assembly constituency of the district.
Chouhan expressed confidence that the BJP would win the Assembly elections (slated next month) for the third time in a row but did not say how many seats the party was likely to win.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Air India to get 6 more Boeing Dreamliners by next year
- AAP has very close links with radicals: Sukhbir Singh Badal
- AAP has very close links with radicals, alleges Sukhbir Singh Badal
- Donald Trump says EU formed 'to beat US at making money'
- Muslim woman told to remove hijab for job application in New Zealand