Pawan Kumar Bansal in dock; nephew held for accepting Rs 90 lakh bribe
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: In more trouble for the UPA government on the corruption front, the CBI on Friday arrested Union Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal`s nephew, Vijay Singla, for allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 90 lakh for fixing a top level position in the government.
The CBI also arrested three other persons, including a railway official.
"Mahesh Kumar, a railway official, and three others identified as Vijay Singla, Sandeep Goel and Manjunath were booked for bribery. Mahesh Kumar had given Rs 90 lakh to the three to ensure his promotion. The money has been seized," a CBI official said here.
Searches were also conducted on Singla`s house in Chandigarh.
Kumar was arrested in Mumbai by a CBI team soon after he had flown in from Delhi.
The CBI has registered a case under the Prevention of Corruption Act and the IPC against him.
Bansal, who was in the capital, avoided the media despite repeated attempts to contact him.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?