Pawan Kumar Bansal in dock; nephew held for accepting Rs 90 lakh bribe
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: In more trouble for the UPA government on the corruption front, the CBI on Friday arrested Union Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal`s nephew, Vijay Singla, for allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 90 lakh for fixing a top level position in the government.
The CBI also arrested three other persons, including a railway official.
"Mahesh Kumar, a railway official, and three others identified as Vijay Singla, Sandeep Goel and Manjunath were booked for bribery. Mahesh Kumar had given Rs 90 lakh to the three to ensure his promotion. The money has been seized," a CBI official said here.
Searches were also conducted on Singla`s house in Chandigarh.
Kumar was arrested in Mumbai by a CBI team soon after he had flown in from Delhi.
The CBI has registered a case under the Prevention of Corruption Act and the IPC against him.
Bansal, who was in the capital, avoided the media despite repeated attempts to contact him.
(With PTI inputs)
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today