Pawan Kumar Bansal in dock; nephew held for accepting Rs 90 lakh bribe
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: In more trouble for the UPA government on the corruption front, the CBI on Friday arrested Union Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal`s nephew, Vijay Singla, for allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 90 lakh for fixing a top level position in the government.
The CBI also arrested three other persons, including a railway official.
"Mahesh Kumar, a railway official, and three others identified as Vijay Singla, Sandeep Goel and Manjunath were booked for bribery. Mahesh Kumar had given Rs 90 lakh to the three to ensure his promotion. The money has been seized," a CBI official said here.
Searches were also conducted on Singla`s house in Chandigarh.
Kumar was arrested in Mumbai by a CBI team soon after he had flown in from Delhi.
The CBI has registered a case under the Prevention of Corruption Act and the IPC against him.
Bansal, who was in the capital, avoided the media despite repeated attempts to contact him.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- 'Heartbroken' Virat Kohli deletes, then re-posts his sad pic
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what