Pawan Kumar Bansal in dock; nephew held for accepting Rs 90 lakh bribe
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: In more trouble for the UPA government on the corruption front, the CBI on Friday arrested Union Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal`s nephew, Vijay Singla, for allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 90 lakh for fixing a top level position in the government.
The CBI also arrested three other persons, including a railway official.
"Mahesh Kumar, a railway official, and three others identified as Vijay Singla, Sandeep Goel and Manjunath were booked for bribery. Mahesh Kumar had given Rs 90 lakh to the three to ensure his promotion. The money has been seized," a CBI official said here.
Searches were also conducted on Singla`s house in Chandigarh.
Kumar was arrested in Mumbai by a CBI team soon after he had flown in from Delhi.
The CBI has registered a case under the Prevention of Corruption Act and the IPC against him.
Bansal, who was in the capital, avoided the media despite repeated attempts to contact him.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended