Pawan Kumar Bansal is a honest person: Lalu
Patna: RJD supremo Lalu Prasad Yadav on Sunday backed Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal, saying he is a "honest person" and that his nephew could have misused his proximity to him.
"Bansal is an honest person (Bansal ek imandar wyakti hain)," the former Railway minister told reporters here.
His kin could have taken advantage of their proximity to him as it so happens in public life, he said.
Relatives do misuse their proximity with ministers, Prasad said.
On the charge that Bansal`s nephew Vijay Singla allegedly took Rs 90 lakh from Railway Board Member (Staff) Mahesh Kumar for his promotion recently, Prasad said the money could not have been taken by Bansal`s nephew with his consent.
Prasad demanded that the Mahesh be booked on corruption charge for seeking promotion by payment of bribe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir