Pawan Kumar Bansal is a honest person: Lalu
Patna: RJD supremo Lalu Prasad Yadav on Sunday backed Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal, saying he is a "honest person" and that his nephew could have misused his proximity to him.
"Bansal is an honest person (Bansal ek imandar wyakti hain)," the former Railway minister told reporters here.
His kin could have taken advantage of their proximity to him as it so happens in public life, he said.
Relatives do misuse their proximity with ministers, Prasad said.
On the charge that Bansal`s nephew Vijay Singla allegedly took Rs 90 lakh from Railway Board Member (Staff) Mahesh Kumar for his promotion recently, Prasad said the money could not have been taken by Bansal`s nephew with his consent.
Prasad demanded that the Mahesh be booked on corruption charge for seeking promotion by payment of bribe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter