Pawan Kumar Bansal is a honest person: Lalu
Patna: RJD supremo Lalu Prasad Yadav on Sunday backed Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal, saying he is a "honest person" and that his nephew could have misused his proximity to him.
"Bansal is an honest person (Bansal ek imandar wyakti hain)," the former Railway minister told reporters here.
His kin could have taken advantage of their proximity to him as it so happens in public life, he said.
Relatives do misuse their proximity with ministers, Prasad said.
On the charge that Bansal`s nephew Vijay Singla allegedly took Rs 90 lakh from Railway Board Member (Staff) Mahesh Kumar for his promotion recently, Prasad said the money could not have been taken by Bansal`s nephew with his consent.
Prasad demanded that the Mahesh be booked on corruption charge for seeking promotion by payment of bribe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- ‘Kabali’ mania grips nation: Here’s why Rajinikanth is the one and only Thalaiva
- 1st Test, Day 1: Virat Kohli's brilliant ton puts India on top against West Indies
- Donald Trump accepts Republican nomination, accuses Hillary Clinton of legacy of "death, destruction, terrorism”
- Former Portugal prime minister Guterres front runner to be next UN chief
- Asian markets sink as stimulus hopes rolled back