Pawan Kumar Bansal is a honest person: Lalu
Patna: RJD supremo Lalu Prasad Yadav on Sunday backed Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal, saying he is a "honest person" and that his nephew could have misused his proximity to him.
"Bansal is an honest person (Bansal ek imandar wyakti hain)," the former Railway minister told reporters here.
His kin could have taken advantage of their proximity to him as it so happens in public life, he said.
Relatives do misuse their proximity with ministers, Prasad said.
On the charge that Bansal`s nephew Vijay Singla allegedly took Rs 90 lakh from Railway Board Member (Staff) Mahesh Kumar for his promotion recently, Prasad said the money could not have been taken by Bansal`s nephew with his consent.
Prasad demanded that the Mahesh be booked on corruption charge for seeking promotion by payment of bribe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested