Pawan Kumar Bansal is a honest person: Lalu
Patna: RJD supremo Lalu Prasad Yadav on Sunday backed Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal, saying he is a "honest person" and that his nephew could have misused his proximity to him.
"Bansal is an honest person (Bansal ek imandar wyakti hain)," the former Railway minister told reporters here.
His kin could have taken advantage of their proximity to him as it so happens in public life, he said.
Relatives do misuse their proximity with ministers, Prasad said.
On the charge that Bansal`s nephew Vijay Singla allegedly took Rs 90 lakh from Railway Board Member (Staff) Mahesh Kumar for his promotion recently, Prasad said the money could not have been taken by Bansal`s nephew with his consent.
Prasad demanded that the Mahesh be booked on corruption charge for seeking promotion by payment of bribe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!