Pawan Kumar Bansal will have to go: Samajwadi Party
Zee Media Bureau
Delhi: The Opposition has been gunning for Union Railway Minister after the Railway bribe issue came to the fore. But now, one of Congress’ allies, the Samajwadi Party, which is giving outside support to the UPA government, has also said that Pawan Kumar Bansal must resign from his post.
Senior SP leader Ram Gopal Yadav told the media before going to attend the Parliament on Monday, “It is a serious matter and the government will try to protect the Railway Minister.” “But ultimately Bansal will have to go,” he added.
Yadav also said, “He should have resigned.”
Union Railway Minister has been in the line fire ever since the case of his nephew accepting a bribe for appointment in the railway board came to light. The main Opposition, the BJP, has made it clear that the matter pertaining to Bansal was an ‘open and shut case’ and that his position as the Rail Minister had become untenable.
The party had also lashed out at the Congress for shielding its ministers.
While rebutting the demand of the Opposition asking for Bansal’s resignation, the Congress had said yesterday that any decision on the issue would be taken only after investigations culminate.
The Congress core group met yesterday at Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s 7, Race Course Road residence, to discuss the fate of Railways Minister.
CBI had arrested Bansal`s nephew, Vijay Singla, last Friday for allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 90 lakh for fixing a top level position in the government. A railway official Mahesh Kumar was also arrested and booked for bribery and the money was seized. Since then more arrests have been made in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE (cbse.nic.in ) Class X results 2015: CBSE Class 10th Board results likely to be declared tomorrow on cbseresults.nic.in
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015