Pawar biggest supporter of UPA-II: Azad
Srinagar: Ruling out any differences between Congress and Nationalist Congress Party (NCP), Union Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad on Wednesday said Sharad Pawar is the biggest "supporter" and "well-wisher" of UPA II.
"There are no differences with Sharad Pawar. He is the biggest supporter and well-wisher of the UPA," Azad told reporters on the sidelines of a function here.
When Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee left UPA II, Pawar was the first to come out and strongly condemn the move, Azad said, adding, "It signifies how strongly he feels that UPA should last for the full term".
Azad`s reaction comes a day after Pawar`s nephew and Maharashtra deputy chief minister Ajit Pawar resigned following allegations of an irrigation scam when he was the state`s Water Resources Minister.
Congress and NCP are ruling the coalition in Maharashtra as well.
Azad said there is no threat to the state government as the deputy CM resigned on allegations of a scam and not because there were any differences.
"Ajit Pawar has not resigned because he has any differences either with the state or the central Congress, but because there are some allegations. He has said he would not accept any post till his name is cleared," Azad said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof