Pawar biggest supporter of UPA-II: Azad
Srinagar: Ruling out any differences between Congress and Nationalist Congress Party (NCP), Union Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad on Wednesday said Sharad Pawar is the biggest "supporter" and "well-wisher" of UPA II.
"There are no differences with Sharad Pawar. He is the biggest supporter and well-wisher of the UPA," Azad told reporters on the sidelines of a function here.
When Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee left UPA II, Pawar was the first to come out and strongly condemn the move, Azad said, adding, "It signifies how strongly he feels that UPA should last for the full term".
Azad`s reaction comes a day after Pawar`s nephew and Maharashtra deputy chief minister Ajit Pawar resigned following allegations of an irrigation scam when he was the state`s Water Resources Minister.
Congress and NCP are ruling the coalition in Maharashtra as well.
Azad said there is no threat to the state government as the deputy CM resigned on allegations of a scam and not because there were any differences.
"Ajit Pawar has not resigned because he has any differences either with the state or the central Congress, but because there are some allegations. He has said he would not accept any post till his name is cleared," Azad said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown