Pawar is minister for cricket, wineries: JD(U) MP
New Delhi: Senior Janata Dal (United) leader Shivanand Tiwari on Thursday charged Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar with representing interests of cricket, sugarcane growers and wineries of Maharashtra.
"I do not trust his (Pawar`s) ability. He is not the
Agriculture Minister of the country but is minister for wine
and sugarcane growers of Maharashtra. He is Minister for
cricket," Tiwari said in the Rajya Sabha during a debate on
agriculture crisis and farmers` suicides.
Tiwari said Pawar is not able to handle the worsening
agriculture situation. "He comes and presents to Parliament
the same situation. He should quit with dignity, if he does
not have abilities," the JD(U) member said.
He said agriculture policies are dictated by multi-lateral
bodies like IMF, the World Bank and multi-national companies
Tiwari said the government kept talking about building
back-end infrastructure through foreign direct investment.
"Walmart is already present in the country for the last six
years. Has the company set up any cold storage?" he asked.
Earlier, senior BJP leader M Venkiah Naidu said Pawar was
"helpless" and he had "limitations".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!