Pawar is minister for cricket, wineries: JD(U) MP
New Delhi: Senior Janata Dal (United) leader Shivanand Tiwari on Thursday charged Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar with representing interests of cricket, sugarcane growers and wineries of Maharashtra.
"I do not trust his (Pawar`s) ability. He is not the
Agriculture Minister of the country but is minister for wine
and sugarcane growers of Maharashtra. He is Minister for
cricket," Tiwari said in the Rajya Sabha during a debate on
agriculture crisis and farmers` suicides.
Tiwari said Pawar is not able to handle the worsening
agriculture situation. "He comes and presents to Parliament
the same situation. He should quit with dignity, if he does
not have abilities," the JD(U) member said.
He said agriculture policies are dictated by multi-lateral
bodies like IMF, the World Bank and multi-national companies
Tiwari said the government kept talking about building
back-end infrastructure through foreign direct investment.
"Walmart is already present in the country for the last six
years. Has the company set up any cold storage?" he asked.
Earlier, senior BJP leader M Venkiah Naidu said Pawar was
"helpless" and he had "limitations".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman