Pawar misled nation, should resign immediately: BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Friday accused Union Minister
Sharad Pawar of misleading the nation by "misrepresenting
facts" about an IPL bid and demanded that he immediately
resign or Prime Minister Manmohan Singh take "stern action"
The main opposition party also demanded Joint
Parliamentary Committee (JPC) probe into the IPL affairs.
"Pawar has misled the nation.... Pawar has
misrepresented facts in IPL," BJP spokesman Ravi Shanker
Prasad told reporters here.
The BJP attack came as Pawar and his daughter Supriya
Sule, Member of Parliament, faced allegations that they were
stakeholders in a company that made a failed IPL bid for the
"We demand immediate resignation of Pawar," Prasad said,
adding, "If Pawar does not resign, we demand that the Prime
Minister should take stern action against him."
The BJP leader said Singh should not merely speak about
"good governance, probity and fairness" but actually implement
Prasad said the BJP had already been complaining about
Pawar`s efforts to "mislead" the country on foodgrains issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt