Pawar reiterates NCP`s support to UPA government
Mumbai: On a day when six Trinamool Congress ministers resigned from Union Council of Ministers, Agriculture Minister and NCP chief Sharad Pawar on Friday declared its continued support to the UPA government.
Pawar today held a meeting here with top NCP leaders from the state to discuss political developments in the national capital.
State NCP president Madhukar Pichad later said NCP was against creating a political instability in the country.
"We will continue to remain in the UPA. Pawar discussed the unfolding developments in Delhi and also organisational matters," he said.
Pichad said the state unit conveyed the sentiments of the common man regarding diesel price hike and asked for a re-think.
"Pawar will convey our views to the UPA leadership," he said.
He said a two-day state party meeting will be held in Pune from October 20.
Besides Pawar, Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar, Home Minister R R Patil, PWD Minister Chhagan Bhujbal, Rural Development Minister Jayant Patil, party MP Supriya Sule and Union minister Praful Patel were present at the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145