Pawar reiterates NCP`s support to UPA government
Mumbai: On a day when six Trinamool Congress ministers resigned from Union Council of Ministers, Agriculture Minister and NCP chief Sharad Pawar on Friday declared its continued support to the UPA government.
Pawar today held a meeting here with top NCP leaders from the state to discuss political developments in the national capital.
State NCP president Madhukar Pichad later said NCP was against creating a political instability in the country.
"We will continue to remain in the UPA. Pawar discussed the unfolding developments in Delhi and also organisational matters," he said.
Pichad said the state unit conveyed the sentiments of the common man regarding diesel price hike and asked for a re-think.
"Pawar will convey our views to the UPA leadership," he said.
He said a two-day state party meeting will be held in Pune from October 20.
Besides Pawar, Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar, Home Minister R R Patil, PWD Minister Chhagan Bhujbal, Rural Development Minister Jayant Patil, party MP Supriya Sule and Union minister Praful Patel were present at the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'