Pawar reiterates NCP`s support to UPA government
Mumbai: On a day when six Trinamool Congress ministers resigned from Union Council of Ministers, Agriculture Minister and NCP chief Sharad Pawar on Friday declared its continued support to the UPA government.
Pawar today held a meeting here with top NCP leaders from the state to discuss political developments in the national capital.
State NCP president Madhukar Pichad later said NCP was against creating a political instability in the country.
"We will continue to remain in the UPA. Pawar discussed the unfolding developments in Delhi and also organisational matters," he said.
Pichad said the state unit conveyed the sentiments of the common man regarding diesel price hike and asked for a re-think.
"Pawar will convey our views to the UPA leadership," he said.
He said a two-day state party meeting will be held in Pune from October 20.
Besides Pawar, Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar, Home Minister R R Patil, PWD Minister Chhagan Bhujbal, Rural Development Minister Jayant Patil, party MP Supriya Sule and Union minister Praful Patel were present at the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened