Pawar rubbishes Radia`s claim as `absolute lie`
New Delhi: Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar Thursday rubbished corporate lobbyist Niira Radia`s claim that he pursued the issue of 2G spectrum with former communications minister A. Raja and was controlling the firm DB Realty.
"This is an absolutely lie and a foolish statement and I have no financial or any interest in this company. The person Vinod Goenka… his father knows me from many years. He has set up a milk processing unit in my hometown 20 years back and that unit is going well," Pawar told a TV channel.
Radia in her statement to the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Wednesday claimed that Pawar may be controlling the controversial company DB Realty and may have pursued the issue of spectrum and licence for Swan Telecom with Raja.
She said Shahid Balwa and Vinod Goenka were key people in DB Realty and in that context she quoted the name of Pawar. Radia, however, said she had no documentary proof or any other evidence to back her statement.
Pawar said he has good family relations with the Goenka family.
"I have good family relations with his father and that is why I know the second generation also very well and they are doing good service for my farmers," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley