Pawar`s face-off merely a bid to hide his incompetence: Naik
Pune: NCP President Sharad Pawar`s face-off with the UPA was a camouflaged attempt to hide his failure to deliver as the Agriculture Minister, BJP leader and former Union minister Ram Naik said Wednesday.
Describing Pawar as a "shrewd politician", Naik said, "He is trying to hide his failure to deliver as the country`s agriculture minister."
He was commenting on the NCP-UPA friction.
Naik, addressing reporters, also criticised Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan saying his performance after he took over reins of the state had been "unimpressive".
"The state housing board is not functioning. Chavan is not taking notice of complaints with regard to pending housing projects. He is actually facing the ire of both the common man and the builders` lobby in the state," he said, when asked whether Chavan was being targeted by the NCP-supported builders` lobby.
Naik praised Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi for taking his state on a fast development track.
Asked if Modi would be projected as a future prime ministerial candidate of BJP, he said the party had not taken any official decision on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof