Pay for anti-separatist drive: B`desh min to India
Dhaka: India should pay Bangladesh at least
Rs 10,000 crore to Rs 15,000 crore for its support to New
Delhi`s anti-separatist campaign in the northeastern region, a
junior minister in the government of Prime Minister Sheikh
Hasina has demanded.
"After assuming power, the present government uprooted
India`s separatists from Bangladesh soil. India earlier needed
to spend nearly Rs 50,000 crore to combat them," state
minister for Liberation War affairs Tajul Islam claimed at an
academic meet on Dhaka-New Delhi ties yesterday, `Prothom Alo`
"India should pay at least Rs 10,000 crore to Rs 15,000
crore to Bangladesh from the amount it saves annually," Islam
His comments came as the premier Dhaka University along
with India`s Bardhaman University and Assam University began a
two-day meet on the Bangladesh-India ties, joined by
politicians and academics of the two countries.
Islam said there was a time when Bangladeshi soil was
used to train insurgents of Nagaland, Mizoram and Assam with
assistance of Pakistani intelligence agencies.
"But these elements were evicted after our government
came to power" after the landmark 2008 general elections, he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Heat wave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan Lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India