Paying kickbacks Giuseppe`s business philosophy?
New Delhi: Paying kickbacks was allegedly the "business philosophy" of former Finmeccanica CEO Orsi Giuseppe who has been arrested for his role in the VVIP choppers scam for giving bribes to secure the Rs 3,600 crore deal.
Giuseppe, who has now been removed from his position after his arrest, had also asked his press secretary to reportedly pay money to engage 20 journalists for 30-40 months for improving the image of the company during the ongoing investigations, the report filed by Italian investigators said.
Giuseppe reportedly considered paying kickbacks as "business philosophy" and had open-mindedness in thinking that he could prosecutor removed, to attempt to bribe newspapers with "a million euro" for a print campaign compliant with Finmeccanica for improving the firm of the image, the report suggested.
The report suggest that Orsi and Spagnolini first, paid Haschke and Gerosa Rs 2.8 crore through a consultancy contract between AW spa and Gordian Services, which in turn paid Rs 72 lakh of it to the three Tyagi brothers.
Kickbacks of around 51 million euros have been allegedly paid to secure the chopper deal. Of the 51 million Euros, 21 million were paid under the cover of a software deal between companies in India and Tunisia and money was routed through some other countries also.
Meanwhile, a Delhi-based lawyer Gautam Khaitan, who name has also surfaced in the deal, denied having played any role in the whole episode.
He said he was doing the legal work for the firm Aeromatrix, which is owned by one of the alleged middleman Haschke, in Chandigarh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why