PC tells IPS officers to submit property returns
New Delhi: Taking a serious note in delay in submission of mandatory annual immovable property returns (IPRs) by 550 Indian Police Service officers, Home Minister P Chidambaram today advised them to submit the documents immediately.
"The IPS cadre has a strength of 3,325 officers. Of these, property returns for the year 2011 of 550 officers have not yet been received by Ministry of Home Affairs, although the due date of January 31, 2012 is long over," Chidambaram told reporters during his monthly press conference.
He said the state governments concerned had been requested to secure the property returns of these officers.
"In some cases, the officer concerned has informed the MHA that he or she had already submitted his or her return to the state government and it is the state government which had apparently failed to forward the returns to the central government.
"Hence, the MHA is advising the officers through an announcement on the website that if they had already submitted their returns to the state government, and yet their names appear in the defaulting officers` list, the officer concerned should submit a copy directly to the central government," the Home Minister said, adding that all IPS officers who have not submitted their property returns "should do so immediately".
According to All India Service Rules, every member of the IPS shall submit his or her return of the property by January 31 every year in respect of the previous year.
Several senior officers, including in CBI, have failed to submit their IPRs for 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark