PC to head reconstituted panel of Inter-State Coun
New Delhi: The Standing Committee of the Inter-State Council has been reconstituted with Home Minister P Chidambaram as chairman and Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee and nine Chief Ministers, including Tamil Nadu`s J Jayalalithaa and Gujarat`s Narendra Modi, as members.
A number of Union Ministers belonging to Congress allies in the UPA have also been given representation in the Committee which was reconstituted by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
Apart from Mukherjee, other Union Ministers in the committee are Sharad Pawar (Agriculture), M Veerappa Moily (Corporate Affairs), MK Alagiri (Chemicals and Fertilisers), Salman Khurshid (Law) and Mukul Roy (Railways).
Besides Jayalalithaa and Modi, other Chief Ministers who are part of the Committee are Akhilesh Yadav (Uttar Pradesh), Naveen Patnaik (Odisha), Parkash Singh Badal (Punjab), Ashok Gehlot (Rajasthan), Oommen Chandy (Kerala), Lal Thanhawla (Mizoram) and Manik Sarkar (Tripura).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say