PC to head reconstituted panel of Inter-State Coun
New Delhi: The Standing Committee of the Inter-State Council has been reconstituted with Home Minister P Chidambaram as chairman and Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee and nine Chief Ministers, including Tamil Nadu`s J Jayalalithaa and Gujarat`s Narendra Modi, as members.
A number of Union Ministers belonging to Congress allies in the UPA have also been given representation in the Committee which was reconstituted by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
Apart from Mukherjee, other Union Ministers in the committee are Sharad Pawar (Agriculture), M Veerappa Moily (Corporate Affairs), MK Alagiri (Chemicals and Fertilisers), Salman Khurshid (Law) and Mukul Roy (Railways).
Besides Jayalalithaa and Modi, other Chief Ministers who are part of the Committee are Akhilesh Yadav (Uttar Pradesh), Naveen Patnaik (Odisha), Parkash Singh Badal (Punjab), Ashok Gehlot (Rajasthan), Oommen Chandy (Kerala), Lal Thanhawla (Mizoram) and Manik Sarkar (Tripura).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- 120 Taliban, ISIS militants killed in wide-scale operations by Afghan army, cops
- China, Pakistan launch first joint border patrols near Xinjiang
- Mamta Kulkarni breaks silence to rebuff drug racket reports, says glamour does not tantalize her anymore
- India stands with Bangladesh in its fight against terrorism: PM Narendra Modi to Sheikh Hasina
- It's Marlon Samuels vs Virat Kohli: How two batting mainstays will decide the course of West Indies-India series