PC to head reconstituted panel of Inter-State Coun
New Delhi: The Standing Committee of the Inter-State Council has been reconstituted with Home Minister P Chidambaram as chairman and Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee and nine Chief Ministers, including Tamil Nadu`s J Jayalalithaa and Gujarat`s Narendra Modi, as members.
A number of Union Ministers belonging to Congress allies in the UPA have also been given representation in the Committee which was reconstituted by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
Apart from Mukherjee, other Union Ministers in the committee are Sharad Pawar (Agriculture), M Veerappa Moily (Corporate Affairs), MK Alagiri (Chemicals and Fertilisers), Salman Khurshid (Law) and Mukul Roy (Railways).
Besides Jayalalithaa and Modi, other Chief Ministers who are part of the Committee are Akhilesh Yadav (Uttar Pradesh), Naveen Patnaik (Odisha), Parkash Singh Badal (Punjab), Ashok Gehlot (Rajasthan), Oommen Chandy (Kerala), Lal Thanhawla (Mizoram) and Manik Sarkar (Tripura).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?