PCI cancels New Year`s celebrations
New Delhi: The Press Club of India has cancelled its New Year`s celebrations following nation-wide grief over the death of the 23-year-old gang-rape victim.
"We are not going to celebrate New Year`s eve in the club as a mark of respect to the brave girl who died after battling for life for 13 days," Anil Anand, Secretary General PCI, said here today.
"We condole the death of the girl," he said.
"Tomorrow, the club will remain open but there will be no celebrations," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Panel discussion over why opposition stopped PM Modi from speaking?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug