PCI cancels New Year`s celebrations
New Delhi: The Press Club of India has cancelled its New Year`s celebrations following nation-wide grief over the death of the 23-year-old gang-rape victim.
"We are not going to celebrate New Year`s eve in the club as a mark of respect to the brave girl who died after battling for life for 13 days," Anil Anand, Secretary General PCI, said here today.
"We condole the death of the girl," he said.
"Tomorrow, the club will remain open but there will be no celebrations," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Facebook doesn't pose threat: YouTube