PCI cancels New Year`s celebrations
New Delhi: The Press Club of India has cancelled its New Year`s celebrations following nation-wide grief over the death of the 23-year-old gang-rape victim.
"We are not going to celebrate New Year`s eve in the club as a mark of respect to the brave girl who died after battling for life for 13 days," Anil Anand, Secretary General PCI, said here today.
"We condole the death of the girl," he said.
"Tomorrow, the club will remain open but there will be no celebrations," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj