PCI cancels New Year`s celebrations
New Delhi: The Press Club of India has cancelled its New Year`s celebrations following nation-wide grief over the death of the 23-year-old gang-rape victim.
"We are not going to celebrate New Year`s eve in the club as a mark of respect to the brave girl who died after battling for life for 13 days," Anil Anand, Secretary General PCI, said here today.
"We condole the death of the girl," he said.
"Tomorrow, the club will remain open but there will be no celebrations," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan