PCI cancels New Year`s celebrations
New Delhi: The Press Club of India has cancelled its New Year`s celebrations following nation-wide grief over the death of the 23-year-old gang-rape victim.
"We are not going to celebrate New Year`s eve in the club as a mark of respect to the brave girl who died after battling for life for 13 days," Anil Anand, Secretary General PCI, said here today.
"We condole the death of the girl," he said.
"Tomorrow, the club will remain open but there will be no celebrations," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued