PCI issues guidelines for publishing foreign vacancy ads
Chandigarh: In an effort to safeguard interests of overseas job aspirants, the Press Council of India has issued guidelines to regulate the procedure followed by companies for advertising overseas vacancies in newspapers.
Union Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs had requested the Council to issue guidelines for publishers in wake of advertisements being published in newspapers in contravention of Emigration Act 1983, a spokesperson of Haryana government said here on Sunday.
As per the guidelines, it will be mandatory for the registered recruiting agents to display their registration certificate number for publication of their advertisements, he said.
Similarly, foreign employers and project exporters will have to obtain permit from Indian Mission in the country of employment or the Overseas Indian Affairs Ministry and indicate it`s number while inserting advertisements.
A copy of the registration certificate or the permit letter may also be asked to attach with the advertisement to prove they are genuine, the spokesperson said.
He said that all advertisers might also be asked to mention their full address with telephone number, post box number, e-mail address in their advertisement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical