PCI issues guidelines for publishing foreign vacancy ads
Chandigarh: In an effort to safeguard interests of overseas job aspirants, the Press Council of India has issued guidelines to regulate the procedure followed by companies for advertising overseas vacancies in newspapers.
Union Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs had requested the Council to issue guidelines for publishers in wake of advertisements being published in newspapers in contravention of Emigration Act 1983, a spokesperson of Haryana government said here on Sunday.
As per the guidelines, it will be mandatory for the registered recruiting agents to display their registration certificate number for publication of their advertisements, he said.
Similarly, foreign employers and project exporters will have to obtain permit from Indian Mission in the country of employment or the Overseas Indian Affairs Ministry and indicate it`s number while inserting advertisements.
A copy of the registration certificate or the permit letter may also be asked to attach with the advertisement to prove they are genuine, the spokesperson said.
He said that all advertisers might also be asked to mention their full address with telephone number, post box number, e-mail address in their advertisement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar Class 10th Result 2016, BSEB 10th Result 2016: Bihar Board Matric Class 10 Results 2016 to be declared at 3 pm today
- Whoa! Shah Rukh Khan catches a plane back from work to beat the traffic! – See pic
- Music director Anu Malik hospitalized!
- Rescued migrants say ship sank off Italy with hundreds aboard
- China all set to embark on 1st quantum communication satellite