Peace and tranquility along the Sino-India border: Army chief
Barrackpore: Army Chief Gen Bikram Singh on Sunday said there is "peace and tranquility" along the Line of Actual Control with China.
"There is no problem. There is peace and tranquility on the Sino-India border," he told reporters here in reply to a query.
Singh`s statement came a day ahead of the bi-annual Army commanders` conference in Delhi starting tomorrow.
The conference will be attended by the six operational commanders and the Army Training Commander and would be inaugurated by Defence Minister A K Antony.
Upgrade in military infrastructure in the northeastern states Arunachal Pradesh, Sikkim and Assam along the China border is expected to be discussed at the meet, Army officials said in Delhi.
In the recent past, the Army has raised several new formations including two Mountain Divisions in the region and is also planning to raise a new Mountain Strike Corps there along with the deployment of assets of the IAF to meet any security challenge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’