Peace and tranquility along the Sino-India border: Army chief
Barrackpore: Army Chief Gen Bikram Singh on Sunday said there is "peace and tranquility" along the Line of Actual Control with China.
"There is no problem. There is peace and tranquility on the Sino-India border," he told reporters here in reply to a query.
Singh`s statement came a day ahead of the bi-annual Army commanders` conference in Delhi starting tomorrow.
The conference will be attended by the six operational commanders and the Army Training Commander and would be inaugurated by Defence Minister A K Antony.
Upgrade in military infrastructure in the northeastern states Arunachal Pradesh, Sikkim and Assam along the China border is expected to be discussed at the meet, Army officials said in Delhi.
In the recent past, the Army has raised several new formations including two Mountain Divisions in the region and is also planning to raise a new Mountain Strike Corps there along with the deployment of assets of the IAF to meet any security challenge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video