Peace and tranquility along the Sino-India border: Army chief
Barrackpore: Army Chief Gen Bikram Singh on Sunday said there is "peace and tranquility" along the Line of Actual Control with China.
"There is no problem. There is peace and tranquility on the Sino-India border," he told reporters here in reply to a query.
Singh`s statement came a day ahead of the bi-annual Army commanders` conference in Delhi starting tomorrow.
The conference will be attended by the six operational commanders and the Army Training Commander and would be inaugurated by Defence Minister A K Antony.
Upgrade in military infrastructure in the northeastern states Arunachal Pradesh, Sikkim and Assam along the China border is expected to be discussed at the meet, Army officials said in Delhi.
In the recent past, the Army has raised several new formations including two Mountain Divisions in the region and is also planning to raise a new Mountain Strike Corps there along with the deployment of assets of the IAF to meet any security challenge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly