People deserve credit for democracy`s success: Meira Kumar
New Delhi: Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar on Sunday congratulated Indians on the 60th anniversary of Parliament and said they deserved the real credit for success of democracy owing to their enthusiastic participation in elections.
Speaking at a special sitting of the Lok Sabha to mark its 60th anniversary, Kumar said millions of people of toil hard for their living and participate in the democratic process.
"I bow to people of the country...they are the determinants of its path," Kumar said.
She also recalled the contributions of Lok Sabha speakers before her.
The special sitting began with the playing of the National Anthem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'