People deserve credit for democracy`s success: Meira Kumar
New Delhi: Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar on Sunday congratulated Indians on the 60th anniversary of Parliament and said they deserved the real credit for success of democracy owing to their enthusiastic participation in elections.
Speaking at a special sitting of the Lok Sabha to mark its 60th anniversary, Kumar said millions of people of toil hard for their living and participate in the democratic process.
"I bow to people of the country...they are the determinants of its path," Kumar said.
She also recalled the contributions of Lok Sabha speakers before her.
The special sitting began with the playing of the National Anthem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation