People in public life should conduct themselves properly: BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Tuesday flayed Congress leader Digvijay Singh for his comments that the ruling party does not target family members of political adversaries, saying public figures should conduct themselves properly.
"The issue is not that you accuse somebody`s relative or an individual. It is about whether you talk about corruption or not," Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley told reporters.
"I am also somebody`s relative. If I am merely accused of something, are people not entitled to talk about it? People in public life are in a situation where they should conduct themselves properly," Jaitley said.
"People who are politically connected must be extra careful about their transactions," he added.
The Congress general secretary comments had come against the backdrop of BJP`s demand for an impartial probe into the alleged financial wrongdoings of Congress president Sonia Gandhi`s son-in-law Robert Vadra.
Singh had alleged that though former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee`s relative Ranjan Bhattacharya and LK Advani`s son and daughter may have got undue financial benefits, the Congress has never raised this issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam